Match Made in Manhattan A Novel Amanda Stauffer 9781510728097 Books

Match Made in Manhattan A Novel Amanda Stauffer 9781510728097 Books
Written in episodic style,Match Made in Manhattan, follows the protagonist, Allison, as she enters the world of online dating. Humorous, yet thoughtful, there are lessons to be learned from her journey.
Tags : Match Made in Manhattan: A Novel [Amanda Stauffer] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. After two intense, dead-end relationships, serial monogamist Alison finds herself confused, lonely, and drastically out of touch with the world of modern dating. Refusing to wallow,Amanda Stauffer,Match Made in Manhattan: A Novel,Skyhorse,1510728090,Contemporary Women,Humorous - General,Romance - Contemporary,Dating (Social customs),Dating (Social customs);Fiction.,Love stories,Mate selection,Mate selection;Fiction.,Romance fiction,Single women,Single women;Fiction.,FICTION General,FICTION Humorous General,FICTION Romance Contemporary,FICTION Women,Fiction,FictionHumorous - General,FictionRomance - Contemporary,GENERAL,General Adult,Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945),dating;books about dating;bad dates;books about bad dates;tindr;match.com;bumble;dating apps;best dating apps;falling in love;books about falling in love;boyfriends;finding a boyfriend;how to find a boyfriend;books about finding a boyfriend;how to fall in love;finding a girlfriend;books about finding a girlfriend;how to get a girlfriend;dating in NYC;dating in manhattan;how to date;how to go on dates;how to get laid;new york city;books about new york city;books about NYC;monogamy;marriage;getting hitched;getting married;embarassing dates;dogs;men with dogs;books about dogs;dog training;man training;training men;how to train a man to be good;desperation;what desperation smells like;women's fiction;womens fiction;commerical fiction;romance;romantic;romance books;the bachelor;the bachelorette;Jennifer Weiner;Jennifer Weiner Good in Bed;female friendship;books about female friendships;Rachel Bertsche;Rachel Bertsche MWF Seeking BFF;funny novels;funny books;Broad City;Sex and the City,dating;books about dating;bad dates;books about bad dates;tindr;match.com;bumble;dating apps;best dating apps;falling in love;books about falling in love;boyfriends;finding a boyfriend;how to find a boyfriend;books about finding a boyfriend;how to fall in love;finding a girlfriend;books about finding a girlfriend;how to get a girlfriend;dating in NYC;dating in manhattan;how to date;how to go on dates;how to get laid;new york city;books about new york city;books about NYC;monogamy;marriage;getting hitched;getting married;embarassing dates;dogs;men with dogs;books about dogs;dog training;man training;training men;how to train a man to be good;desperation;what desperation smells like;women's fiction;womens fiction;commerical fiction;romance;romantic;romance books;the bachelor;the bachelorette;Jennifer Weiner;Jennifer Weiner Good in Bed;female friendship;books about female friendships;Rachel Bertsche;Rachel Bertsche MWF Seeking BFF;funny novels;funny books;Broad City;Sex and the City;
Match Made in Manhattan A Novel Amanda Stauffer 9781510728097 Books Reviews
I'm decades past my twenties and I've never lived in Manhattan, but I do know a little about Match.com. I met my husband on that dating service, and we've been married for twelve years. I spent several months dating on Match before I met him, and my experiences were similar. I met a lot of men with Russian hands and Roman fingers, as they say, and some were boring, others interesting but unwilling to commit. Many of the same things that the author experienced. It was great fun to read about her experiences and remember my own. I didn't expect to like it so much, to be honest. But I read it with a smile on my face. I think you'll like it.
After some rather serious books I wanted to read something lighthearted. Actually this book does make you think. Dating can be pretty awkward. The speech she gives her dates is nice. Dating via the internet is in a way a good way to try. Thinking back to my early days, as an immigrant and earning very little salary it certainly was not easy to find a suitable partner, certainly not at my places of work. I wish I had known about her little speech. Too often when I refused to sleep with someone on a first date, I was dropped like a hot potato. In the end it kind of becomes painful. I know I would have liked someone to just ask me to join him for a walk or such thing.
I LOVED this book! It's so refreshing to enjoy a rom-com when the protagonist is fiercely independent and smart. You don't want to be her because of the guy she lands, you want to be her friend because of the person she is. I hope this becomes a movie. Already thinking Emma Stone or Saoirse Ronan would be a great Alison!
My wife LOVED this book! Highly recommend it!
This is a charming look at what life is like for 20-somethings in New York looking for THE relationship, using all that technology now has to offer, Since I am a New Yorker, I really appreciated the accuracy of the author's descriptions of life in the city and, because I am not in the demographic she describes but my children are, I found it very revealing and quite fascinating! Who knew dating in the era of Match.com would reveal so many options for a clever writer to slyly portray a whole range of men out there looking for Ms. Right, a one-night stand, or anything in between? Stauffer doesn't make it all look easy and that's why the book rings true. I plan to recommend Match Made in Manhattan to my daughter and her friends -- as well as all MY friends who want to understand what their kids' dating lives are really like -- not necessarily the version they get told.
I was never part of the online dating world, so the premise of this book intrigued me. It tells the tale of Allison's year on Match.com, including witty messaging & texting with her dates, emails & conversations with friends, and some self-reflection. Very fun, but also well-written, where each chapter feels like a little episode. It's also interesting in that it's not just about the men & dating - we get a glimpse of the life of an art conservationist (such a cool job!). And I love her supportive group of friends. I very much look forward to this author's future work!
Posting on behalf of my wife, who loved the book
Reading this smart and sassy novel is like going out to coffee with your funniest single friend! Very few books actually make me laugh out loud, but the protagonist's voice is so realistic and the guys she meets are so uniquely hilarious that I found myself giggling as I followed along on Alison's crazy dates. And unlike many books in this genre, MMIM is optimistic and upbeat about the weird realities of online/app dating; it never descends into trite man-bashing, emotional melodrama, or unrealistic bodice-ripping. It totally rings true to the dating experiences of the millennial women I know. At the risk of sounding sentimental, rooting for Alison on her journey gave me hope for every single girl who's trying to stay true to herself as she looks for "the one."
Written in episodic style,Match Made in Manhattan, follows the protagonist, Allison, as she enters the world of online dating. Humorous, yet thoughtful, there are lessons to be learned from her journey.

0 Response to "∎ Descargar Gratis Match Made in Manhattan A Novel Amanda Stauffer 9781510728097 Books"
Post a Comment